When industrialist John Pitcairn co-founded Pittsburgh Plate Glass Company in 1883, he laid the groundwork for more than a century of business success. Forty years later, his son Raymond founded the Pitcairn Company, which would soon emerge as a leader in personal wealth management services. In 1968, the Pitcairn Company entered the realm of real estate and in the 1980s Pitcairn Properties became an independently owned and operated enterprise.
Pitcairn Properties rose to prominence with the development of a number of Class A high-rise buildings that became landmarks of the Philadelphia skyline. Our reputation grew as we formed joint ventures with well-known institutional equity partners and developed large tracts of land into leading suburban office and industrial parks throughout the greater Philadelphia region .
Pitcairn Properties is independent of, and not controlled by or under common control with, Pitcairn Trust Company or any of its affiliates.